- The group is rewarded by Luvash for returning his daughter. Taken to a treasure cart with several items in which the group selected a wooden chest filled with silver coins. Cefrey stole a potion that turned out to be lemon water.
- The group was invited to drink and celebrate with the Vistani.
- Cefrey notices that Luvash has a ring that once belonged to her mentor, Grim. Flint had challenged Luvash to a drinking contest and pushed him to become very intoxicated. Cefrey then took Luvash out to the forest and interrogated him as to the whereabouts of Grim. Apparently Luvash had led Grim with a promise of treasure but really took him to Castle Ravenloft. They depanted Luvash, took the ring and left him in the forest.
- Varys turned invisible and entered the treasure wagon. An iron chest full of coins was emptied.
- Ung’t’th and Ander drank to excess. Ander stole bread from a hut. Ung’t’th sang a song he’s been working on. Ung’t’th then tried to share a drink with Luvash’s brother Arrigal, but Arrigal believes that the group has no business being here and wants nothing to do with them. Ludovic appears out of a hut to the surprise of Ung’t’th. He seems very upset that they left the town without getting him from the local inn, he then asks to be informed before they leave the camp.
- The group decides to head to the tower that Varys saw in the distance. The Wizard’s Tower had a magically sealed door that was opened when Ung’t’th performed a sequence of movements inscribed on the front.
- Cefrey picked the lock on a wagon but did not check for traps; this set off a huge chemical explosion, nearly killing her. Flint healed Cefrey and Ireena bandaged her.
- Ung’t’th and Varys took an elevator manned by clay statues pulling chains, up the floors. On top they found a lived in area. The rest of the group soon followed up. Part of a journal from someone named Rictavio was found. There was the head of a man inside a chest. There was also the Tome of Strahd hidden behind an animated suit of armor. The command of Khazan (The tower’s owner’s name) was shouted and the armor took action. This was one of the treasures foretold by Madame Eva.
- The explosion attracted the attention of a pack of werewolves that descended upon the tower. The group learned that magic could not be cast within the walls. Some of the group rushed out to fight the werewolves head on.
Curse of Strahd
Part 6: Nomads and Noblewomen